Townhouses make up a significant portion of Greater Cleveland’s real estate offerings, from traditional-style dwellings in suburban neighborhoods to modern abodes located in the heart of the downtown area. Townhomes for rent in Cleveland are great options if you’re torn between purchasing a single-family home and a condominium in the area.
Over the years, Cici has welcomed and helped different kinds of home buyers in fulfilling their real estate goals in Greater Cleveland. Read more to determine whether townhouse living and renting in Greater Cleveland is the best option for you.
What is a townhouse?
Before you begin looking for a Cleveland townhome for rent, it’s imperative to know what defines a townhouse.
Townhouses are considered attached dwellings, meaning they share a wall with another house. Free-standing townhomes, however, exist. A townhome usually has two floors and may come with a yard. This housing type is prevalent in urban areas, particularly in cities where land is in short supply.
Ownership of a townhouse depends on the contract. Some townhomes are sold as a condo, while others are sold as actual townhouses.
The benefits of living in a Cleveland townhouse
Considered by many real estate professionals as the “middle ground” between condominiums and single-family homes, townhouses make up a large part of Greater Cleveland’s housing market. If you’re undecided or on the fence, the following attributes might convince you to go for a Cleveland townhome.
- You can make renovations and upgrades. Unlike a condo, townhouse residents are able to make important decisions such as upgrades, especially if the property was sold as a townhouse, not a condo. There is more freedom, compared to restrictions usually imposed on condo residents.
- Townhouses are more affordable than single-family homes. Since townhomes are considerably smaller than single-family houses, maintenance costs are cheaper.
- You’ll have access to community amenities. Like condos, townhouses form a part of a larger community that offers a number of amenities. This may include a nice swimming pool, 24-hour security, sports facilities, a gym, and a recreation room for gatherings and other special events. Some townhome communities cater to a specific lifestyle as well.
Should you buy a home or rent a Cleveland townhouse?
Before you choose to purchase or rent a Cleveland home, consider your situation. Renting a Cleveland townhome is a great option if you meet any of the following:
- You can’t commit to one property for the long-term.
- You are not financially ready to purchase a home.
- You plan to relocate to another city in the near future.
- You travel often and cannot attend to a house’s regular maintenance.
For more information about whether you should rent or purchase a home, talk to Cici today at ciciriley(at)howardhanna(dotted)com or 216-410-3114.
Browse the website to learn more about Cleveland townhomes for rent and other real estate opportunities in the Greater Cleveland area.